Looking for a way to REHAB the bare walls in your home or dorm room without spending a ton of money? Here's the perfect D.I.Y. project for your Saturday night. It's simple and really anyone who can color inside the lines can do this.
What You Need:
- Markers: I used Target's Up & Up brand $5
- Pictures to color: I used the book My Wonderful World of Shoes (available at Barnes and Nobles for six bucks).
- Frames: I purchased my frames from Dollar Tree (nothing fancy)
- Scrapbook paper for the background (I went to Michael's)
Now for the fun part!
- Color each picture
- Cut out the picture (smaller than your background)
- Cut the scrapbook paper to the size of the frame (use the insert for a guide)
- Place the picture on top of your background (the glittered texture of my paper helped keep my images in place but you can use tape or glue)
- Insert the combined image (picture and background paper) into the frame
- Find an empty wall to display your finished product
- You can use whatever pictures of your choice but pick a theme for a cohesive look
- Measure the size of your image before selecting your frame (Mine ended up being a little too big for my frame)
- Don't take it too seriously. It doesn't have to be perfect at all
Simple right? I can't wait to hang mine up in my new place. If you decide to try this out make sure to tag us in your pictures so we can see them!